Roulette: How is the table laid out and what bets can be placed?
Roulette is one of the most popular casino table games around, with millions of people playing it each and every year.
Whether it is played online or at a traditional brick-and-mortar establishment, there is always a number of bettors all around the world taking their chances at the table and believing that they can accurately guess where the ball will land.
Of course, there is a huge amount of luck required in this game of chance, especially when it comes down to trying to predict which number the ball will land, however players will be rewarded handsomely if they manage to do so. For others, though, there are a handful of different bets that are possible to make.
This article will detail how a roulette table looks and what the different types of bets available are, whilst also providing some insight into what type of rewards can be expected if that particular bet is successful.
Roulette is played on a long table with a spinning wheel at one end.
The wheel has 37 or 38 numbered slots, depending on the type of roulette being played. The slots are alternately colored red and black, with the zero (and sometimes double zero) slots colored green.
Indeed, at the other end of the wheel that is spinning, players will find that there is a section where they are able to place the bet that they want to make. There are each of the numbers that appear on the wheel, plus a host of other sections that will allow punters to make different bets; otherwise known as side bets such as betting on odd/even, or red/black.
The table follows a rather standard format and design, as those who play online roulette in NJ will find that they are able to use a table that is very similar to the one that they would find if they were to play in person at a physical casino establishment.
Players place their bets on the table layout using chips of different colors to distinguish between them. There are many different types of bets that can be placed in roulette, each with its own odds and payouts. Some of the most common bets are:
- Straight up: A bet on any single number, including 0 and 00. Pays 35 to 1.
- Split: A bet on any two adjacent numbers, such as 1-2 or 11-12. Pays 17 to 1.
- Street: A bet on any three numbers in a row, such as 7-8-9 or 31-32-33. Pays 11 to 1.
- Corner: A bet on any four numbers that form a square on the table layout, such as 1-2-4-5 or 23-24-26-27. Pays 8 to 1.
- Line: A bet on any six numbers that form two rows of three numbers each, such as 1-2-3-4-5-6 or 31-32-33-34=3536. Pays 5 to 1.
- Column: A bet on any of the twelve numbers in one of the three vertical columns on the table layout. Pays 2 to 1.
- Dozen: A bet on any of the twelve numbers in one of the three groups of twelve numbers (1-12, 13-24, or 2536). Pays 2 to 1.
- Even money: A bet on any of the eighteen black numbers or any of the eighteen red numbers. Pays 1 to 1.
As mentioned, there are also several special bets that can be made, such as betting on all of the numbers ending in a certain digit (known as a “low” or “high” bet), or betting on a specific color or column of numbers. These bets usually have lower payouts than the more standard bets, but they can still be fun to make.
Roulette is a classic casino game that is easy to learn and fun to play, which is why this long-standing table game has become extremely popular with punters all over the world and has managed to stand the test of time. Naturally, each game is different from the last, whilst it remains incredibly unpredictable with each spin of the wheel as there is no way of being able to predict where the ball will land, whilst each round can have a different bet placed, too.